[Tigers] O.T. Re: S.U. Electric Fuel Pumps and Down-Draft Carbs

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] O.T. Re: S.U. Electric Fuel Pumps and Down-Draft Carbs
From: Tod Brown <todbrown@roadrunner.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 21:42:48 -0400
   Only if Marc has more cars than 95% of us.
   Tod
   B382002384LRXFE

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 10:24:25 -0500
From: "William Lau" <mrlau@charter.net>
Subject: [Tigers]  O.T. Re: S.U. Electric Fuel Pumps and Down-Draft
        Carbs
To: <tigers@autox.team.net>

If you do this Marc, you will have to share that Audi and your other cars.
-- Bill --

Marc:

I believe that the probable reason for the cold start circuit's
unwillingness to change the 50 degree F setting (that's 283 Kelvins, for
you absolutists) is your bumper sticker.  An adjustment there would
allow the circuit to change the setting that has been in place for the
last eight years.  An audacious hope, but worth a try! <he grins>

Cheers,

Tod
B382002384LRXFE

See THUNDER ROAD:  you can rent it through your
NetFlix subscription.  This deals only
tangentially with Virginia, where I live, though
the Federal task force was headquartered in
Bristol, VA.  But it is the lore of these
guys.  They'll rig you anything you want, so long
as it doesn't involve fuel injection.  Shucks.  I
ought not speak so fast:  maybe they're cranking
the car's computers.  What do I know?  My '84
Audi 4000S, with its McCain/Palin sticker, keeps
on keeping on.  When it gets old, I'll have to
fiind a new car.  I am looking for a 1957 or '58
VW Bus.  No hu-hu.  My car yet runs, though
Clytemnestra does not like summer starts.  She
has a problem with the cold-start circuit in her
computer and tends to treat the fuel system as if
it was always 50 degrees F (237,919 joules, for
you metric guys!  Again, <he grins>)

Keep on Keepin' On!

Marc

Marc