Re: [Tigers] Starter solenoid

To: Jerry <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Starter solenoid
From: garywinblad@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 23:03:53 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Jerry,

That's interesting, good work!

B Where does that inner metal tab really go??

I have bought one of those small starter motors but haven't gotten the car
back

together yet so I don't know how it works...

I have a friend that hooked his little terminal to the big terminal and drove
the big

terminal from the stock solenoid big terminal (make sense??).

It works ok except when he releases the key from a start, the bendix keeps the

starter engaged for a few extra seconds while the ring gear grinds down.. NOT

GOOD..B B B  Apparently the starter motor is acting as a generator and
supplying

voltage to keep the solenoid powered.

I was going to eliminate the stock solenoid and hook the big terminal directly

to the battery, the small terminal to the starter switch (maybe with a
relay?).

Any comments?

Gary