Re: [Tigers] need some advice - non tiger

To: <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>, "'tiger email list'"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] need some advice - non tiger
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 14:19:14 -0500
Owain
        The biggest problem with a steel bolt in an aluminum head is getting
the bolt really hot with the aluminum sucking the heat away.

I have come across a couple of solutions neither of which I have ever done
but maybe of promise.

Heat the bolt up well and let candle wax melt onto the bolt and into the
threads.  Wax supposedly works better than penetrating oil.

If there is enough bolt sticking out; weld a nut to it.  The heat from
welding will penetrate the bolt and the nut will give you something to turn.
You need welding equipment for this one.

Not sure if either of these are of any help to you.

Ron Fraser