[Tigers] Tiger engine project

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Tiger engine project
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 15:30:41 -0500
Tiger 260 engines

All 260 engines were cast and assembled by the Cleveland Plant.

The C5OE-9425D intake manifold is the 1965 casting with 260 intake manifold
specifications.

This was probably just a casting number change rework to the C4OE manifold
casting molds.
This intake manifold was only used for the Tiger 260 engines; Ford was
ramping up their production of 289 engines at this time.

I believe all B19KC engines have the C5OE-D intake manifold but my data
sample is too small at this time.

To date all C5OE-D manifolds have a 5A28 casting date, all cast at the
Cleveland Plant.

The B19KC engine group was split into 2 builds; one in early 1965 and one in
Oct 1965.

I would like to see more information about the B19KC engines especially the
early build segment.

Tiger 289 engines

I have seen 1 Ford engine ID tag for an A22KK engine:    289   C   66   10
That reads     289 engine    Cleveland     1966    change level #10

My thoughts here are that the Cleveland Plant supplied all the 289 Tiger
engines too since they were already accustomed to this special order plan.

The Cleveland 289 engine block casting # is C5AE-6015E

Ron Fraser