Re: [Tigers] Who's going to SUNI ?

To: "'Smit, Theo'" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Who's going to SUNI ?
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 19:33:04 -0500
 ....Some people have done 2500 mile one-way drives from Florida to
attend each of the last two SUNIs...

I'm not complaining. Suni 3 was about a nine hour drive for us, and Suni
4 about thirteen IIRC... Rapid City will be about 15, ....

Nine hours?  15 hours?  Poor dears.  For me, near Boston, 18 hours hard
driving only gets me to Indianapolis.   How long would it take to get
from the east coast to this or any of the SUNI's?  Sure there are a
few... Ummm...lets say "brave" individuals who have undertaken major
cross country journeys to past SUNIs, but not many.  I flew to the two I
attended, not having the vacation time to drive.  Or having the funds to
do major work to my Tiger to get it trustable for a several thousand
mile journey.  Or afford a suitable tow vehicle and trailer.

So why not hold the next one somewhere significantly east of the
Mississippi?  Sure, lots of west coast regulars might not make the
journey, but lots more east coast folks would.

Stu Brennan