Re: [Tigers] VIN # INFO

To: "michael king" <michael.s.king@gmail.com>, <maliburevue@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] VIN # INFO
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 17:12:30 -0700
That was the way they were designed to work. The idea was that you'd
have a proper exhaust for the street, but you could go to the track,
take off the endcaps, and enjoy straight-pipe bliss.

Having done dyno testing (on 4-cylinder engines) with nothing on the end
of the collector, I can report that "deafening" doesn't cut it as an
adequate description, especially if you were to be sitting straight over
where the pipes end. IIRC, we measured about 114 dBA about 50 feet back
from the exhaust system.

Theo