Re: [Tigers] VIN # INFO

To: maliburevue@yahoo.com, tigers@autox.team.net, "Smit, Theo"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] VIN # INFO
From: Bill Waite <fordlandia@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 17:54:21 -0800 (PST)
Many years ago (probably 18-20 by now) I bought a set of the same headers
(with the side outs) from Sunbeam Specialties... or maybe it was CAT?.  Have
it in my records somewhere, but not handy at the moment.  At any rate, I was
younger then and figured I'd be wanting to uncork them on occasion and prove
my manliness or whatever.  Needless to say... I've never done so.

Since it took me almost 20 years to restore my Mark II, and I only have about
1,000 miles on the car since it was finished, the headers have not seen much
use.  I've kicked myself for buying them, as I never have gotten into racing
of any type and they are obviously not very efficient with the side "exit"
continuing on through the stock exhaust passages.  I had them Jet Hot coated
(still in perfect condition).

I believe they are the "LAT" style headers.  I never installed the "H"
crossover like the one in the car currently for sale.  Not sure it actually
has the same benefit as a "proper" crossover on the flow-thru header design.
In any event: if some one is interested my set of the "high performance" LAT
headers with the cutouts (perfect for a weekend racer), let me know.  I might
consider taking them off this winter and buying a "standard" set to replace
them.

Bill
Grand Rapids, MI