Re: [Tigers] Gauge accuracy issues

To: <sralsten@ca.rr.com>, <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Gauge accuracy issues
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 10:12:01 -0700
The tach can be wrong for two reasons: Either there is too much noise on
the ignition circuit causing the tach to mis-trigger, or the capacitors
and regulation circuit inside the tach have expired and together make
the tach both incorrect and temperature sensitive. The latter is much
more common with stock wiring while the former can occur (but it doesn't
always) with Pertronix modules.

You can get the tach rebuilt with OEM guts by a place such as
Nissonger's or you can get the module I build installed by Tom Hall or
myself. The module we install can be driven directly by MSD ignition
controllers and works properly with Pertronix modules as well, so if you
are thinking of going this route then that may be an advantage.

Cheers,
theo