Re: [Tigers] hard-top questions

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net, Rollright@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] hard-top questions
From: <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 12:07:17 -0500
Jim:

If the two brackets you are speaking of are located on top under the rear
window, then that indicates that the top you are working on is from a Mk1A or
later Tiger, or an Alpine Series V.  Those cars were the ones that incorporated
the fabric top cover rather than the tri-fold metal cover, and the two brackets
you describe were basically tabs that corresponded to metal hooks that were
attached to the fabric top cover itself allowing a person to hang the top boot
from the top, keeping it from falling down further than necessary.  The
hardtops for the Mk1 Tigers and Series III & IV Alpines don't have those
brackets as they used the tri-fold metal top cover.

Hope that answers your question,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B382001600LRXFE