Re: [Tigers] Barrett-Jackson Arizona 2009

To: CoolVT@aol.com, michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Barrett-Jackson Arizona 2009
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 15:40:47 -0800 (PST)
I agree with Michael.

As has been demostrated with the crazy oil and real estate price rises and
subsequent crash, once there are enough speculators in the market, there can be
a wildly distorted (high) demand signal from what exists in the actual free
market.

The collector cars that have been attracting speculative buyers, are the cars
that will take the biggest hit now that conservatism is squeezing speculation
out of most investing behavior.

Tiger values should be pretty stable by comparison, save for the over-paid
(>$70k) white Tiger that sold at a recent auction and quickly showed up on eBay.

My economics learning: speculative investing (not to be confused with hedging)
can destroy the free market system and should be tightly regulated (if not flat
out prohibited on commodities).

Stephen Waybright