[Tigers] Bonnet release problem

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Tigers] Bonnet release problem
From: <sralsten@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 17:56:26 -0500
Well as much as I hate to admit it I pulled a dumb shit. I did not get trapped
by a cable break as most seem to I have the rod and just screwed up. I
remounted the striker plate to the bonnet after having it welded to end wobble
problems. I did not take time to be sure it was lined up for proper contact
with the latch before closing the bonnet. It is not stuck in the down position.

I searched archives for old posts and found one written by Steve Laifman.
It indicated the way in was through the grill and removal of the bonnet hinges.

One, is this really the best/only way in and how many bolts per hinge are there
?
I see 4 threaded parts per hings that have no bolts at all. I assume they are
female receptors of a screw from above. In addition I see two bolts per hinge.
I assume these are the ones to remove. Thanks for confirming or correctiong me

Steve R