Re: [Tigers] Distributor and Other Advice Needed

To: Mike Michels <mmichels@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Distributor and Other Advice Needed
From: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 19:37:54 -0700
Hello Mike:
Since I'm probably sitting at around 15 degrees at idle I may change to
the blue stop cam which would give me another 20 degrees = 35 which is
at the top as you mention. With the black stop now it gives another 15 +
so I'm probably sitting at not much over 30 maximum now. That would
explain the power curve dropping off too early like I feel it does now.

I haven't tried to check out the bog without the air cleaner. Excellent
suggestion.  I'll do that tomorrow and see if it's better. I'm usually
using the triangle after market air cleaner as I do notice more throttle
response with that compared to the stock AC air cleaner.

Steve Sage

Mike Michels wrote:
> Steve, I have found that the blue stop bushing and the combination of
> one light silver spring and one heavy silver spring seems to
> approximate the stock distributor curve..........................
>
> General consensus is that total advance at high rpm is more important
> than idle and that you shouldn't go more than 36 degrees. ................
. I have  experienced a bog something like you describe but I think you
are on the right track regarding carburation or other induction issues.
I found that the completely stock aircleaner (1-1/2 inch filter element)
with a deep breathing 4-barrel 289 doesn't flow enough. Does it happen
without the air cleaner? ..........

> --

Database version: 5.11660