Re: [Tigers] fulcrum pin

To: rcsphx1@cox.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] fulcrum pin
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 10:14:49 EST
Richard

I have never heard of fulcrum pin problems with the big Healy.
Try contacting the national club.

The fulcrum pin issues we have been discussing are specific
to the Tiger but not unique to the Tiger.  There is no way to
check the fulcrum pins without removing them, magnafuxing,
and examining with an electron microscope.  The cost of
this may exceed the cost of new pins.  Why not just replace
the with better pins.

With my broken pin you can see where the crack started
and slowly progressed through the pin. Classic chevron ridges
mark where the cracking progressed through the years
until the stress finally broke the pin.  That area of the pin
showed the transformation to hematite, common to such
failures.  The broke cracked almost 1/3 of the way before
it failed completely.

Dave
now. (http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=florist&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000002)