Re: [Tigers] Anderson Ackerman Kit

To: Rollright@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Anderson Ackerman Kit
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 11:39:45 -0800
At 11:18 AM 2/22/2009, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I bought one of these about some ten years ago, then after reading the
>instructions, sold it on.
>
>Reason?  It required cutting up the stock Tiger rack. So, once you  start
>with it, its really not an option to go back to original.

Sure it is!  Doug Jennings has remanufactured the rack link rods.  He
currently has no stock of links (I have one pair) but he or his
machinist can make another run.  I've converted a few modified racks
back to OEM.  Not a big deal.  The kit works, but it's major weakness
is that the spherical and slotted rod ends tend to wear somewhat
rapidly on the street leaving the linkage a little loose.  Lou used
to run this on his Tiger in Autocross competition.  Naturally the
organizers upped him a class for this modification because he
"created" such an advantage for his Tiger, making the steering almost
equal to normal cars.

Tom Hall
ModTiger Engineering LLC
www.tigerengineering.net