Re: [Tigers] Retro-fitting fresh air vents

To: "'James E. Pickard'" <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Retro-fitting fresh air vents
From: "Jerry" <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 10:27:51 -0600
I know this is going to sound like "are you nuts", but there is a product
that is available at paint and body stores that is called "panel bond" It's
yes, a "glue". Quite expensive but incredibly strong and water proof. I
don't know how many of you are familiar with early Mustangs, but they have a
BIG problem with rusting in the cowl area where fresh air enters the inside
of the car. New pieces are available, but to weld them in is a BIG hassle,
Panel bond to the rescue, it's a two part that uses a special applicator gun
and I think it would work in your situation. Tests of this product shows
that it is stronger than the steel it's applied to.
Check it out.

Jerry Christopherson
9473187