Re: [Tigers] Any thoughts on e bay Tiger # 260374562784

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Any thoughts on e bay Tiger # 260374562784
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 09:55:51 -0700
I believe every Tiger from the first through #400 had the black, instead of
wood dash panel.  Technically it wasn't an Alpine part because it was sold
on the Tiger.  In reality it was an Alpine part. My Tiger #101 has the black
vinyl dash.

 But, to answer the question of, "So some tigers actually came with Alpine
hardware?."  Yes, doors, hoods, glass (many more etc's).  It was only the
Tiger specific parts that make a Tiger a real Tiger.  And some of those are
welded into the body/frame rather than bolt on parts.  What makes a Tiger a
Tiger is not the sum total of the parts one may piece together, but rather
did the car roll off the Jensen assembly line as a Tiger.

Tom