Re: [Tigers] vapor recovery gas nozzles

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] vapor recovery gas nozzles
From: "Buck Trippel" <BuckTrippel@Verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:19:46 -0700
Hello everyone,

Mike Michels started something with this tread.

I followed up by asking my wife, who got gas in her Tiger last weekend,
whether she'd had a problem. She said she quit pumping after getting only 4
gallons into the tank and two quarts on the side of the car or on the
ground.

I called the Air Quality people this morning and explained our problems.
Within an hour, the supervisor of the filling station group returned my
call. He explained that new nozzles are supposed to be installed in all
service stations by April 1st. So this is not just a Chevron issue. He said
that most stations were choosing either the "Healy" nozzle or a "balance
type" nozzle. He thought our issue is with the Healy nozzle. (My wife
returned to the Chevron station and confirmed the nozzle she'd had problems
with was indeed a Healy nozzle.)

I described the situation to him as a flawed design that's far beyond a
vapor recovery issue. I stressed to him the potential for serious fires. He
replied that the nozzles were tested for 18 months but obviously not on our
cars. Anyway he said he's looking into the problem.

Keeping  my fingers crossed,

Buck Trippel