Re: [Tigers] Gas Nozzles and Rootesmobiles

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Gas Nozzles and Rootesmobiles
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 00:12:55 EDT
--===============0762664851==

--part1_c8e.35f143f5.36ec88c7_boundary

Listers,
       A few years ago I went to a local Shell Station to refuel my 1957
Hillman Minx which unlike my Tiger, has a simple tube that rises a couple
inches
outside the body.  This particular gas nozzle had a spring-loaded 'bellows' and
the da##ed thing got stuck over the  tube!

       I fought with the demonic device for at least two minutes until it
finally 'popped out' and then the nozzle and hose flew out of my hand landing
behind my car and slammed to the ground.

       When I went inside to pay and to complain, "Mo" read me the riot act
and I cannot say here what I said back to him.  The customer is always right?
How about when I become physically attached to a business and cannot leave?
Jim Leach    Pacific Tiger Club     Seattle

**************
Need a job? Find employment help in your area.

--part1_c8e.35f143f5.36ec88c7_boundary

=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Listers,<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; A few years ago I went to a local Shell=
 Station to refuel my 1957 Hillman Minx which unlike my Tiger, has a simple=20=
tube that rises a couple inches outside the body.&nbsp; This particular gas=20=
nozzle had a spring-loaded 'bellows' and the da##ed thing got stuck over the=
&nbsp; tube!<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I fought with the demonic device for at=
 least two minutes until it finally 'popped out' and then the nozzle and hos=
e flew out of my hand landing behind my car and slammed to the ground.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; When I went inside to pay and to compla=
in, "Mo" read me the riot act and I cannot say here what I said back to him.=
&nbsp; The customer is always right?&nbsp; How about when I become physicall=
y attached to a business and cannot leave?<BR>
Jim Leach&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Pacific Tiger Club&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Seatt=
le<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT><BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Ne=
ed a job? Find employment help in your area. (http://yellowpages.aol.com/sea=
rch?query=3Demployment_agencies&amp;ncid=3Demlcntusyelp00000005)</HTML>