Re: [Tigers] New tags???????????????

To: AAAGLASSS@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] New tags???????????????
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 16:44:01 -0700
Seems like they are selling just the "decal type" letters, DIY
installation - you provide what letters / numbers you want.

Since the originals were STAMPED onto the surface, and were not colored
black, I am not sure how this would look authentic. Maybe the letters
contain acid that will eat into the surface?

If one removes the original plate, original rivets are hard to find.
Someone on the list say that these are commonly used in GB, and can be
purchased now.  No source reference.

There are persistent rumors that someone is selling reproduction plates
needing letters / numbers stamping. No first hand knowledge.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com