Re: [Tigers] New tags???????????????

To: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] New tags???????????????
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 17:03:00 -0700 (PDT)
Steve and Group. I know the person who posted the letter om epay. He is a fine
Tiger owner and a great person. He is also a graphic artist. The letters
replace the painted on letters on the VIN tag. You do not rmove the tag to
install the letters. I havent had a "hands on" experience of installing the
letters but Im certain they are self adhesive in some manner and the same size
and font of the orginal letters on the VIN tags that are listed in the auction.

A few years back there where blank VIN tags for sale on epay. I think some
where sold and then epay made them remove the auction as there are laws about
selling VIN tags or Titles. That said, many Tiger owners have the wrong rivets
in their TACed Tiger. Some where approved by the Sec. of SAtate of the
corresponding state, while other have just been replaced. Some states are very
pickey about this subject while others dont seem to care. Years ago many titles
for Harleys where bought in Alamba and New Hampshire too. Those states didnt
have titles back WHEN, so if you had a receipt and those are easily written,
you could pay the fee and receive a title matching the attached VIN tag.Where
one stands on this sbuject seems to be balanced on the truth about the rivets
in their Tiger.
Snowed here in the midwest last night and this morning. I know its freezing at
your home Steve. Try to stay warm buddy.
TtT