Re: [Tigers] V6 Alpine?

To: tigers@autox.team.net, Sabr2th <tiger@sabr2th.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] V6 Alpine?
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 17:00:05 -0700 (PDT)
Why are we comparing "modified" (V6) Alpines with "stock" Tigers?
I doubt a modern 5.0L with aluminim heads and intake weighs more than 50 lbs
over the V6.  Plus, how many speed parts have you seen in your Jegs catalog
for a Ford V6?

I suppose because the same reason that someone would install a V6 in an Alpine
to start with. That would be along the lines of why the V8 was installed in
the prototpes--- so the car would go faster than it did w/ a 4 cylinder. I
doubt the V6 in stock form makes much more power than a 1725 with head work
and headers and carb swaps. No longer stock in that form. The point I was
trying to make was that Joe stated his kit produced an Alpine that would out
run a stock Tiger. There are prolly more Tigers that are modified, engine
wise, than there are in stock condition. I know they exist but thats usually
the first mofification made to a Tiger- more HP. Im not sure why we are
comparing the two but its nice to have some Tiger talk, even if its comparing
an Alpine with a Ford engine in it.
TtT
PS- I doubt JEGS has many parts for a 2.8 V6 Ford but if you want to stroke
it, then the parts are available, Im sure. The 2.9 was a lot stronger engine
than the 2.8, for what thats worth.