Re: [Tigers] Original Jack Color

To: fordlandia@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Original Jack Color
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 16:35:29 -0700
Bill,

There seems to be a mix of opinion about the original jack color.  Since
you are interested in "powder coating", which a good finish, you should
no longer worry about "originality".  A satin black would be very nice,
but the original enamel didn't look as well.  But "that" is the
"original" surface.

Depends on whether you are entering a Concours or not.

The tools range from black paint to partial rust :-) .  I've satin black
powdered coated my metal lawn furniture, and it is "stronger than
dirt".  The jack is really not the desired tool to actually lift the
car, but for emergency highway use.

If you are interested in re-building the mechanical aspects, the
TigersUnited.com article "Rebuilding the Sunbeam Jack" is Larry
Paulick's gift to us, and well worth reading:

http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/PaulickJack/rt-PaulickJack.asp

Lot's of "jack stuff" can be found using the "SEARCH" feature linked at
the top of every page.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman