Re: [Tigers] Headlamp Bucket

To: Joe Brown <jbbrown1980@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Headlamp Bucket
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:03:14 -0700
Joe,

My original Mk I headlight rings were of the "snap-on" type.  Needless
to say, they are also "snap-off".  I found this at 70+ mph on the
freeway when a "pop" and rattles blew off one ring to the freeway median
that had no inside pull-off lane.

As I was trying to get off the freeway, and back on the entrance prior,
my wife was strongly suggesting I do NOT get out of the car.

So, I am still here, today, to advise you to keep the retaining screw
design.  Never came off again.

Save your wife's husband, your kids, grandkids, and maybe even great
grand kids from not getting the benefit of your wisdom and experience.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com