Re: [Tigers] Gearbox leak

To: Steve Ralsten <sralsten@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Gearbox leak
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 14:00:56 -0700
Steve R.,

The fill and the drain plugs for the engine are at the left valve cover,
and the left side bottom of the engine, respectively.

The fill and the drain plugs for the transmission are on the right side
and bottom of the transmission, respectively.

A "tablespoon" a week is probably good news.  Although both drains are
US design, it was put into an English car.

I remember looking at a brand new MG-TD on the dealers floor.  There was
a small puddle of oil on the floor, and I asked the salesman if it were
leaking.  He replied:

/"Of course it is.  It's designed that way.  Otherwise, how would you
know it had oil in it?"

/Steve

___
Steve Laifman