Re: [Tigers] Gearbox leak

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Gearbox leak
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 14:10:18 -0700
>>>Is it accessed from the interior ?<<<
Sort of:
No, the fill plug is on the passenger side about half way up near the
center.  They make hand pumps that allow one to fill with greater ease. I
would still recommend "warming" the fluid.

Yes, If you remove the shift boot and snake the hose down that way. But
remember you run the risk of accidentally getting gear oil in the interior.

  I guess one could use a chassis punch near the appropriate spot and use a
rubber plug when done. That would still necessitate pulling the carpet back.
Not to mention all the flack you would get for putting a hole in a Tiger
specific tranny tunnel!
Tom