Re: [Tigers] Camber question

To: "Lynn Wall" <cars@wt-inc.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Camber question
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 10:14:06 -0600
If you mean "tire-shredding understeer" when you say "twitchy"  then
you're probably right. The steering effort would also be very light,
mostly because there's not nearly enough tire touching the pavement. I'm
going to start with about half a degree negative (205/45-16's on 7" wide
rims) and see where I have to go from there. When I rebuilt the front
crossmember I lowered the attachment point of the upper fulcrum pins,
and that should give me a better camber curve (more negative camber for
a given amount of suspension compression) but we'll see what actually
happens. In the limited amount of driving I did with the car a couple of
weeks ago the steering effort and stability seemed OK at least up to
60-70 MPH.