Re: [Tigers] Mid West Mustangers car show

To: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Mid West Mustangers car show
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 09:10:29 -0700 (PDT)
I have absolutely no proof, other than a gut feeling BUT the 289 was available
for fitment in the first Tigers. My gut tells me CS had a part in helping
Rootes get 260 engines from Ford. he had to be aware the Tiger was going to be
a serious contender for outrunniing the first Cobras that also received power
from a 260 engine.I have no opinion of what claim we have to Mr. shelby,
especially calling the Tiger a shelby Tiger- it just didnt exist. I have
attended Shelby events at the Brown cnty.anual Shelby event. His name is not
on our cars but we are set aside with our own group at the event and we are
accepted by them or we acceppt them if you will.
At one time I thought that some of the shelby tiger parts might also be used
on the Cobra but it is evident now that sellers are just using shelby to put
the parts on more screens and if the Cobra used the same part as a tiger it
was very few. If we could lay claim to being a real member of the Shelby
family it could only increase the value of our cars BUT I only see the bastard
stepson relationship. Im sure when ask that CS is happy to claim the Tiger but
Im not sure it is a valid claim.
TtT