Re: [Tigers] Camber question

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Camber question
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 18:34:03 EDT
In a message dated 5/26/2009 6:44:00 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ross_hulse@sbcglobal.net writes:

Lynn,

First let me apologize as my post in HTML did not  translate to Plain Text.

The spec you quote you are trying to meet is  the spec for Castor not
Camber.
The spec for castor is 30 minutes positive  plus or minus 15 minutes. So
castor can be from 45 minutes to as little as  little as 15 minutes.

There are 60 minutes in a degree.  So to  correlate castor can be from 3
quarters to a degree to as little as 1  quarter of a degree. This is way
different than nearly 4 degrees  positive.

Ross "Commodore Blues" Hulse

Subject: [Tigers]  Camber question

Hey all,

First let me say thanks to all the vets  out there.  Your sacrifice is
appreciated

Second I am trying to  align my tiger and the camber has me puzzled.  The
owners manual says  3 degrees 50 minutes positive camber.  It describes
positive camber  as the top of the tire moving AWAY from the engine

I cant believe that  applies to todays tires and wheels.  I am running 16
Panasports and  when I went even slightly positive the handling became
EXTREMELY  twitchy.  I looked up what my 67 mustang should be and it
suggested =  to 1 negative camber.  I tried that an it seems to handle  much
better.

Any ideas/suggestions.  Im getting pretty good at  changing out shims.

Thank you in  advance.

Lynn

fingertips.