Re: [Tigers] brake fluid

To: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] brake fluid
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 08:25:20 -0700 (PDT)
I don't know, but that is what I saw. I would not know how much natural rubber
is on our cars or how to tell but someone with more old brit car experience
would have to chime in. I would not imagine it to be a problem for any later
model or aftermarket stuff. The wilwood calipers came with a warning that said
use you may be killed if you don't set up your brakes correctly, ignoring that
it said use DOT3 or DOT4 fluids. Another thing to look for is the WET boiling
point, while some of the Hi-Temp ones are good with no moisture in the mix,
they are not too good with it, and that is the normal operating conditing from
what it seems like. Lots of interesting reading on the web. But it's pretty
clear that Silicone is not something that should be used unless you have
specific reasons to do it.

Sandy