Re: [Tigers] Air filter drama...easy...no.

To: David Sosna <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>, Duke Samouce
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Air filter drama...easy...no.
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 15:57:41 -0700
Duke,

I can second David's recommendation, as I bought one from SS.  I am
using the K&N filter, as it will last "forever"  Just follow directions
for cleaning and re-lubricating.

Beware of asking K&N.  They don't know what a "Sunbeam Tiger" is, and
the numbers on the rubber are ONLY numbers for the Rubber!  Beware of
using a taller filter due to the bonnet wanting the same space!

SS has "broken the code" for the correct K&N filter.

I have been using K&N filters for a great number of years and cars.  As
long as you maintain them per instructions, with their oil.  The
original was in a rectangular box, and was pulled out and fastened with
the sticky pad to form a circle.  Very dear now, and it was only paper.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com