Re: [Tigers] Who Or What Killed the Electric Car? You will be

To: "J. Nichols" <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Who Or What Killed the Electric Car? You will be
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 16:48:56 -0600
The problem with pushing the boundary on any car design these days is
that the marketeers have brainwashed the public and the government into
believing that any car sold anywhere is no good unless it comes with
power steering, electric windows, door locks, and mirrors, heated seats,
ABS, traction control, stability assist, airbags, and devices that turn
off the air bags when the passenger is under a certain weight. And it's
got to be quiet and plush inside with no sheetmetal showing anywhere.

Maybe I'll turn my Series V bodyshell into an electric car for Suni
VI... It would need none of the above items, which simplifies the design
exercise about tenfold.

Theo

<snip>