Re: [Tigers] hard top colors

To: robertn@surewest.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] hard top colors
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 07:26:27 -0400
Robert,

I would use Ron Frasers info on the headliner colors.

I had a discussion with Norm Miller about how hardtops were delivered. He
maintains
that they were all shipped black. I have a couple of photos, one a press photo
showing a Tiger 1 with matching hard top, and the other showing delivery of
new 1966 Tiger's to a Madison, WI dealer with what to me look like matching
hardtops. To be fair to Norm,he has the same photo, and he insists it doesn't
match and is black.

As for whether the black tops were meant to be used black or were prepped for
repaint, they had the same finish as the rest of the car, but of course a body
shop could prep them for a color change, like any other painted surface on the
car. I have a black top, but my 1A started out as Embassy Black.

According to the latest versions of the Canadian and European Tiger 2 sales
folders, you could get a like-painted hard top if you ordered it when you
ordered
the car, or black from a dealer.

Rande