Re: [Tigers] Intake manifold....carb boil.

To: "'Samouce's'" <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Intake manifold....carb boil.
From: "Jerry & Maureen \(Mo\)" <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 11:06:34 -0500
Duke,

When I installed my F4B I closed off the exhaust pass over that runs under
the carb area. This helps in keeping the carb a little cooler.
The propose of this passway is to help vaporize the air/fuel mix, but as
everyone knows heat isn't something we lack in Tigers.
It MAY take a little longer to come up to temp, but that's hardly a problem
in Tigers.
Some gasket kits include these little block offs, I made two of them from a
piece of SS, just make sure that the piece you make is THINNER than the
intake gasket and fits inside of the hole in the gasket.

Another plus is no burn area on each side of manifold just below the carb.

Perhaps this will help.

Jerry Christopherson (Who really hated to miss SUNI, SS checks only go just
so far).
9473187