[Tigers] towing

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] towing
From: "bob webb" <bobjeanbeams@bright.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 15:08:48 -0400
we tow our alpines in one of two trailers. we have an 18' closed trailer and
also an 18' open trailer .with the cars, both trailers and cars weigh in at
4200 lbs. we tow with a GMC ENVOY. this is our second envoy and they can tow
6500 lbs without any additional towing equipment . i do use a weight
distributing hitch with both trailers . the only thing i changed on my current
08 model was to add the 3.73 gear instead of the 3.42 to the rearend . with
the 285 hp ,4.2 litre inline six, i never have a problem. the wife towed the
closed trailer to suni using the envoy and averaged 15 mpg . she was following
me and we cruised at 75 mph most of the time . the envoy never slows on hills
or mountains . we travel I 68 from morgantown w.va to maryland quite a bit and
i top those mountains at 70 to 75 mph with a trailer and car . the trailblazer
is the same vehicle .