Re: [Tigers] Can This Tiger Be Saved?

To: "Jeffrey Nichols" <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Can This Tiger Be Saved?
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 13:17:43 -0600
Looks like (and from the seller's description) it might break in half
just getting it onto a trailer, let alone having it survive a trip of
any length strapped down securely.

I have a Series V Alpine shell that actually would be a good match for
this car (it has good sheetmetal where this mkII has none), but even if
you did your absolute best to replace only what had to be replaced, and
doing a minimum number of middle-of-the-panel patches, I think you might
end up with something that would push the boundaries of TAC-ability.
When the entire floor pan has been replaced, should the chassis as a
whole still be considered a Rootes-manufactured product? A buyer would
likely be better off (and save a lot of money) by instead grafting the
bodywork onto a tube frame designed around the Tiger track and wheelbase
dimensions. At least there would be no Alger stigma.

Theo