Re: [Tigers] Changing oil on an infrequently driven vehicle

To: tigers@autox.team.net, Brad Huff <huffb@southslope.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Changing oil on an infrequently driven vehicle
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 11:10:22 -0700 (PDT)
Brad- six of one and half a dozen of the other. I can only think of one issue
and that would be moisture. Having no idea where you live or temp changes and
if the car was in a controled enviorment. Personally I would pull he dip stick
and if the oil appeared clean w/ no rust on the dipstick I would drive the
car. Ive also not heard of Mobil 1 breaking down during periods of inactivity.
Besides, if you recently started the car then you used that oil and if damage
was going to happen, then I would think it already has. I would drive the car
myself UNLESS it appears milky on the dipstick- if it looks clean, which it
should, I know I would use it.Just a IMO responce. That and a buck will get ya
a cup of coffee in some locations.
TtT