Re: [Tigers] Changing oil on an infrequently driven vehicle

To: achd73@yahoo.com, tigers@autox.team.net, huffb@southslope.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Changing oil on an infrequently driven vehicle
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 19:34:16 EDT
It's my understanding that in addition to lubrication, the oil  captures
and neutralizes the many acids that are byproducts of combustion.
Car makers recommend you get the engine hit enough and long
enough to boil the acid off.

You can send a sample to a lab and have them anaylize the oil.

Or since you spent big $ to rebuild the engine, don't cheap out now.
Spend the $35 and change the oil and filter.  I would think  about
using a ZDDP to the oil.

Dave

23 Tigers at the Dayton Car Show, !# cars TAC'd (a new record),
and great food and bench racing at Doug's.

In a message dated 8/3/2009 2:56:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,