Re: [Tigers] MEMORY TEST

To: tigers@autox.team.net, Greg Koss <Greg.Koss@TRW.COM>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] MEMORY TEST
From: <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 11:15:24 -0400
Actually, guys, the tops that are on those Tigers are early Series I & II tops.
 Admittedly, I don't have the pictures to look at again but I remember
immediately recognizing the tops.  The major telltale between the original
early top and the Parrish Plastics is that the rear window on the early tops
come down to a point like the ones pictured on the drag Tigers.  The Parrish
Plastics tops are rounded at the bottom corners of the rear window.

I'm sure they were used because they were aluminum and are extremely light when
compared to the later steel tops.  As for connecting them, if you'll look
closely, you'll see that they don't fit well around the top of the windshield.
Having done some racing before, I'd be willing to bet that the rules that they
were running under required any hardtop to be bolted down to the car so as to
decrease the possibility of it flying off in a crash.  I would again bet that
brackets were made to go in place of the front windshield latches and bolts
were run through them to secure the top.  Installing one that way would mean
that, even though it wasn't a perfect fit, it darn sure would stay on at
speed!!!

Take care,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK