Re: [Tigers] Shelby Tigers?

To: "'Tony Somebody'" <achd73@yahoo.com>, "'Steve Laifman'"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Shelby Tigers?
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 20:11:05 -0400
Tony
        I think you can look at it from this perspective; in the March,
April timeframe for the Tiger prototype, CS had a few 289's on hand and they
were showing promise.   You don't give away your future.   The 260 engine he
was pulling out were basically scrap value to CS and probably cluttering up
the shop.   You put a 260 into the Tiger seems a no brainer to me.

        The real decision for the 260 engines was in Lord Rootes hands.
Whether he knew about the 289 engines or why he choose 260's is locked in a
conversation held 46 years ago.

Ron Fraser