Re: [Tigers] early shifter knobs (150358810575)

To: Beamclub <tigers@autox.team.net>, Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] early shifter knobs (150358810575)
From: <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 14:43:47 -0400
Tony:

This information came straight out of one of the first books to be published on
the Tiger, which was Bill Carroll's "Tiger: An Exceptional Motorcar."  I have
the book and there is a chapter towards the back that shows all the running
production changes that were known at that time.  Sure enough, it states that
the first 56 Tigers came with the Borg-Warner transmission.  If I remember
correctly, the shifter and knob were referenced, too, but I'm working from
memory here and I don't remember exactly what was written.

By the way, the reason I remember this production number figure so well is
because my first Tiger was B9470058, supposedly the second Tiger off the line
with the Ford Toploader transmission.  This car was also the runner up to the
SCCA B-Prepared National Champion in the mid-70s (1974 or '75, I think...) and
was owned and driven by a guy named Skip Laughlin here in Oklahoma.  Anybody
remember him or the car???

Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B382001600LRXFE (TAC #740)