Re: [Tigers] easy outs

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] easy outs
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 11:27:38 -0600
Removing a broken easy-out should be done with a right-hand rotating
tool, since the easy-out is intended to dig in with left-hand rotation.
Then once you get the easy-out removed, you can switch to a left-handed
cutting tool to go at the original fastener.

I also think the diamond burr is the way to go to remove the easy-out,
unless you can get someone to EDM it.

I don't recall it being mentioned, but what is it that has the stuck
fastener again? If it's aluminum then use phosphoric acid (Coke!) to
erode the steel fastener and easy-out...

Theo