[Tigers] Tires, Rear end, and gear ratio, rpm, road speed calculator

To: kevin beck <kevinteresa.beck74@gmail.com>
Subject: [Tigers] Tires, Rear end, and gear ratio, rpm, road speed calculator
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 11:43:46 -0700
Kevin,

If you want to know exactly how much the tire size, rear end ratio, or
transmission gear influences your speed/rpm, there is a hand "Gear Ratio
Calculator", by Bob Hokanson on TigersUnited.com, with default settings
that are easily changed:

http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/HokansonGearSpeedXL/pt-HokansonGearSpeedX

and, Sandy Ganz has on online calculator at:

http://www.gtsparkplugs.com/GearCalc.html

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com