Re: [Tigers] 13" tires again

To: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>,Rollright@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 13" tires again
From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 15:51:29 -0400
At 03:25 PM 8/27/2009, Steve Laifman wrote:
 >Jim,
 >
 >I purchased a set of Michelin "X" 185-70-13 radial steel belted tires
 >from "Costco".  It appears to have the same characteristics as my
 >Michelin X tires on my 50's-60's British cars.  And they were reasonably
 >priced. Wear forever (unless you hit a curb too fast).
 >
 >Probably not the grip of current performance tires.  And, if you want to
 >make smoke circles, try another brand.
 >
 >No idea whether Costco still carries this tire. The web site does list
 >Michelin, but not 13". I have heard it was custom made for them.

The Michelin web site lists a number of 13"
tires.  All of the tires stores in this neck of
the woods (Richmond VA) seem to stock  13" tires
by various manufacturers.  Yes, these are not
going to be cutting-edge high-performance designs, but they will fit your
rims!

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b`s fir gun ghr`s fir!