Re: [Tigers] 13" tires again

To: Marc James Small <marcsmall@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 13" tires again
From: Owain Lloyd <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 21:20:29 +0100
i guess i never really understood the difficulty in getting 13" tyres.  for
performance tyres, i'm not sure whats available in the US but in the UK, it
is easy to get:

1) kumho ecsta, soft, medium or hard compound 185/70 13 road legal track
tyres
2) toyo r888 soft or medium compound 205/60 13 road legal track tyres

i've used both (although not in that size) and they are excellent modern
tyres and readily available with recent manufacture dates.  there are many
many varieties of everyday and hard wearing tyres in 13" here.

my point is that there is no sign that 13" tyres are on the decline from a
manufacturing perspective even if they are not marketed in the US.  by
contrast, the correct metric sized tyres for the renault 5 turbo are special
order only and cost about $500 each when there are any available!
absolutely no sign of that coming for tigers - at that price you could buy
tyres here and have them shipped over by air!