Re: [Tigers] Rust never sleeps

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Rust never sleeps
From: garywinblad@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 03:06:44 +0000 (UTC)
Being a California kid, I never knew about rust..
But in 1971 when I decided to spend my life savings (I was a poor college
student) on a
sports car and that the one I wanted was a Sunbeam Tiger...  The first one I
looked at
was a red one I found in  a newspaper ad.  The owner told me where he parked it
downtown (in our little town) and I could take a look there anytime.  I took my
more
car savy younger brother to look at it.  It looked pretty good to me, new
soft-top, new
tires, new exhaust.  But my brother noticed some blisters on the rocker panel.
I watched
as he wrapped a knuckle on the panel to see how bad it was.  We both watched in
horror as a hole the size of my fist popped open!  Needless to say we
hightailed it out
of there.. and I was happy I didn't give the guy my phone number.. apologies if
you are
on this list  ;-)

Gary