Re: [Tigers] An Air Flow Question for the Worlds Fastest SUnbeam

To: drmayf@mayfco.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] An Air Flow Question for the Worlds Fastest SUnbeam
From: PhastPhill@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 21:17:14 EDT
I would think you need to get the hot air out.How is the question. The
Healey rally cars used  vents at the rear of the front fenders to pull the  air
out. Worked well. You can buy repros even now of the vents. You could try
propping up the rear of the hood. I don't know how much windscreen you have
, a  full one might give you a low pressure area and actually pull cold air
in, still  you have to get it out. I would think spacing the front up would
just  pull the hood off at the speeds you want to go. You might want to run
the car once with a bunch of tell tales duct taped to the hood to see what
the  air flow is. Maybe a louvered hood would help, or not. Guess you have
to know  what the air flow is doing over the hood to make a try at an idea.
the fender  vents worked on the big Healeys though. Cheers and thanks for the
adventure  sharing