Re: [Tigers] An Air Flow Question for the Worlds Fastest

To: <drmayf@mayfco.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] An Air Flow Question for the Worlds Fastest
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 21:46:32 -0400
Mayf
        The problem here as I see it is that few of us have any experience
with Tigers at over 150 mph.   What's stable at 120 mph could be frightening
at 180 mph.

I would think that a 1/2" opening at the front would either create lift or
blow the hood right off.

Have you tried lifting the back of the hood or put vents in the hood?

Do you have an air dam just in front of the radiator to create negative
pressure behind the radiator.
I would think 3/8" to 1/2" dam width would be more than enough.

Good Question, tough to answer.

May the Speed Gods smile on you in your Quest.

Ron Fraser