Re: [Tigers] Glyptal

To: Tigers@autox.team.net, Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>, "Thomas Witt"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Glyptal
From: Tod Brown <todbrown@roadrunner.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 12:00:13 -0400
I don't recollect Feynman's reference to glyptal in his writings (and I
have read them all) but, if he knew about it in the '40's, probably it
was widely used, particularly in the military at that time.  Feynman, of
course, was at Los Alamos, deeply involved with the calculations
required for the development of the Atomic Bomb and would have seen
plenty of military equipment at that site while it was being developed.
It also makes sense that, with all the equipment being stockpiled in
Great Britain in the build-up to D-Day that many Brits would have seen
the stuff being used to protect parts and supplies.  After the war, they
would have remembered and simply found another application for the
stuff.  That's my theory, anyway.

Cheers,
Tod
B382002384LRXFE