Re: [Tigers] original oil lines reprodced

To: Tigers@autox.team.net, robin02@mindspring.com, Tony Somebody
Subject: Re: [Tigers] original oil lines reprodced
From: David T Johnson <djoh797014@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 18:11:39 -0700 (PDT)
Tony
Stop fooling arond.  CAT and SS sell excellent braided stainles steel
lines complete with the correct fittings.  Far cheaper than the original
black plastic lines.  They leak easily, leak a lot if it touches the
header, and after a few years snap in two.

The line on my Tiger was routed through the oil filter bracket behind
the round basket that holds the filter.  Keeps it away from things.

581 cars today at the Chicago British Car Festival including 16
Sunbeams.  Tiger ,Alpines, 2 1948 Hillman Minx convertibles,
2 Super Minxes, and an Imp.  Kirt Jensen was awarded 1st Place
in the Tiger class.

Amazing show with unbelievable cars:  An Arnolt Bristol, 2 Morgan Trikes,
a real 1923 Silver Ghost, a Bentley 3.0L Left Side, Lister Race car,
Cadilac Allard, So many cars  So little time to see.

Dave Johnson  Sunburned