Re: [Tigers] Brake Switch

To: "Richard" <rcsphx1@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Brake Switch
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 18:13:42 -0700
At 06:06 AM 10/12/2009, you wrote:
>I just noticed thar my MKII now required very heavy pressure on the pedal to
>turn on the brake lights.  I have silicone fluid in the system now, would
>changing back to GTLMA, and or, replacing the brake light switch solve the
>problem.  Or is Ron Fraser's post to change to a mechanical switch the way to
>go?
>
>Thanks Rich

I have a kit developed for the mechanical switch to replace or
parallel the OEM switch.  It uses a common automotive switch
activated by the pedal shank and is installed with two screws to the
cowl box behind the pedal.  Very unobtrusive, with a laser cut
bracket and common switch.  Two short leads to insert into the OEM
wiring.  I haven't had time to put this on my web site yet, but I
have photographic instructions.  If you're interested, drop me an
e-mail and I will send the pic's.  The list typically clips these
attachments but I'll try imbedding one shot to see if it goes thru.

[]

Note: this is the prototype and I've selected a slightly different
switch for the kit.

Tom Hall
ModTiger Engineering LLC
www.tigerengineering.net

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had
a name of Brake Sw installed.jpg]